Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well well well... We have a Peanut.

I'm pregnant!!! Yeah man, I'm super stoked too! John and I have a little Peanut coming along. Remember that post oh... 2.5 weeks ago when I talked about the whole "I want a baby" thing smacking me out of nowhere? Well. We made a baby that very night. Go us and our tiny human making skills. I'm soooo happy!

Nursing school started back last week. I can tell you already I am not cut out to be a wound care nurse. Maybe it's the pregnancy and the nausea anyway, but seeing those pictures just makes me sad and even more nauseated. Especially some of those.... Especially considering some of those are there simply because someone didn't take care of that person. As in, didn't turn the patient or didn't inspect. It makes me sad. I do, however, LOVE my teacher this semester. She is a rockstar, and I'm taking craptons of notes! She's also super nice outside of class and is willing to help 100%.

I'm staying soooo tired these days. I don't expect it to get better in the days to come, but that explains why I haven't been updating lately. I'll try to keep it more updated than I have, buttttttttt I can't promise. I'm still into this whole blog thing though. I do expect to be talking about Peanut a lot from here on out though. It kinda happens, I suppose.

So, last summer John and I made a baby, but that baby didn't want to hang out in my uterus. Since that happened, I'm now at a higher risk of having another ectopic pregnancy. For those who don't know, an ectopic pregnancy, as defined by Google Health, is : an ectopic pregnancy occurs when the baby starts to develop outside the womb (uterus). The most common site for an ectopic pregnancy is within one of the tubes through which the egg passes from the ovary to the uterus (fallopian tube). However, in rare cases, ectopic pregnancies can occur in the ovary, stomach area, or cervix. We don't know where mine was. We couldn't find it on the ultrasound, so we did the methotrexate treatment to avoid surgery. We knew it was ectopic because my HcG levels didn't double in the 48 hours like they should have.

What does this mean for now? Lots of blood draws. I had my blood taken Friday and then again today to have the HcG levels measured. Guess what! They doubled!!! Yay!!! Good signs!!! I have to repeat the blood draws on Tuesday and Thursday, then have an ultrasound early next week to confirm Peanut is indeed in my warm, comfy uterus.

That's it for this Adventure in Shandiland. I'll definitely keep ya'll updated on the Peanut!

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy!!!!!!! Sounds like things are going accordingly! Congrats and good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've decided to wait until my thyroid problems are in order before trying for a little one. There are too many risks involved with pregnancy and hypothyroidism; I don't want to risk anything. I'm so happy for you and little Turknett. :) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I totally awarded your sweet new blog an award!

    ReplyDelete