Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And some things are not so new...

First off, I have spent the majority of the day thinking "It's Thursday!" only to have my hopes and dreams of seeing McSteamy grace my TV with his presence tonight shattered. Damn you, Wednesday. I'll be happier with you next week when Off The Map starts, but for now... Damn you, Wednesday. You disappoint me.

(removed about 20 minutes worth of rambling then had a "discussion" with my husband for another 40)

Damn boys and damn hormones. Being a woman drives me batshit crazy sometimes. If I could keep the boobs and go without the estrogen and periods, I'd like to think I'd be so much happier. Oh, and let's not forget the "I want a baby" phenomenon. That one sneaks up and slaps you dead in the face when you're not expecting it... Especially considering I've just spent the last, what, month? telling a friend NO BABIES! WE'RE IN NURSING SCHOOL YOU CRAZY LADY! What an effing hypocrite I have become. Damn hormones.

I said goodbye to grease today... I ate my favorite comfort food, and, oddly enough, it wasn't that comforting or satisfying... Can't say that's a bad thing, so you know. I refuse to buy any vegetable or canola oil ever again. Olive oil for cooking, but we all know deep frying in olive oil is just gross. (Or, I like to keep it in my head that it is so I'll never try it on the off chance that it's actually good.) I weighed in this morning at 248 pounds. Yes. I said it. Two hundred forty eight pounds. 112.7 kg. Heavy. Gotta do something. Have a plan. Gonna do it. It's gonna rock.

Also! Monday is going to ROCK! Savannah is organizing a clean up in Cincinnati, Arkansas, after the tornado that struck New Year's Eve. The damage is devastating, but people need to go help this community get started over after such a horrible disaster. The quicker we can help them get back on their feet, the quicker they can get over the heartbreak and let the healing begin.

I suppose that's enough for Wednesday... I wonder what Thursday will bring in Shandiland. ;)

4 comments:

  1. i'm guessing the package of bacon we just ate for dinner was to celebrate your farewell to grease.

    i understand your baby fever woes. i had it a few months ago... but we've come to the point of "fuck it. if it happens, it happens." but i don't have nursing school to worry about either. (in which case you and john do have kids, i call dibs on babysitting... just sayin')

    good luck with the weight loss :) i recommend dancing because it's fun.

    anyway, i love that you made a blog... and most importantly, i love YOU shandi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Brooke! It may be easier to convince him now, since one of his biggest worries is childcare until I graduate and get a job... ;)

    Also, I love you Brooke! You're spectacular! We need to start our DnD campaign soon! Time to get PS Bob down and dirty and force him to make a character. :) I'm still trying to talk Bryan into it also! I think if Bob and Wendy joined, it would make one hell of a campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been all break long to scream at me about no babies during nursing school?!?! I'm not a good backer for that haha. And I'm with you on the weight loss front. It's just so hard when my hubby has absolutely no desire to try and lose weight with me. But that's just one of many excuses. Let's do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman! Your "I want a baby" has been settled in wayyy too long for me to interfere. :p

    Join us! Savannah, Grubbsy, and I are going to do it together. As soon as my doctor gives me the go ahead for the activity, I'm buying the Zumba game for Wii and hitting it hard.

    ReplyDelete