Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New goals, New life.

It's that time of the year... The time when we all make resolutions, set new goals for ourselves and our lives, and do a little "spring cleaning" from our lives. It seems the tradition to end one year completely trashed, start with a kiss at midnight, and wake up in the new year swearing off all the bad and horrible things we do and starting over. Well, it didn't happen QUITE like that for me...

I spent New Year's Eve in the hospital having surgery on my deviated septum. I suppose if you're going to have surgery before your deductible resets, New Year's Eve is the best time to do it. I spent the evening afterward taking pain medications, playing World of Warcraft, and enduring the random bouts of narcolepsy brought on by the pain medications. I also looked pretty awful with a bandage under my nose and a few nosebleeds, so the kiss at midnight was out. I don't remember much of the past few days, except that it hurt and pain medicine is goooooood, so the waking up with regret from the previous night and setting new goals didn't really work out either.

So, here we are, 4 days into the New Year. Now I've had enough time to sit back and think. I've set some realistic goals for this year. 

1) Start a blog to keep up with my thoughts, achievements, let downs, and to just have a place to vent the randomness that enters into my mind at, sometimes, the most inopportune moments. I read blogs of my friends, and I always think "I could do that." Well, I could do that. So I'm doing it. :)

2) Lose weight, and keep it off. Last year I managed to lose, and keep off, 30 pounds without much effort. I can only imagine how amazing it will be when I actually try. I also have two awesome chicks doing it with me, Savannah and Grubbsy. Super looking forward to it!

3) Strive to do more, be more, care more, participate more. I kinda feel lazy... I'm going to spend this year doing more in general. Going for more hikes, spending more time with my husband, friends, and family, trying new things, and just "living my life". 

 I think those 3 are a great starting point. We'll see how this year progresses, but I'm excited to start. See you next time in Adventures in Shandiland.  

No comments:

Post a Comment