Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog Award!

First off, I'd like to say thanks to Rochelle over at Simply Rochelle for the blog award!

Here are the rules for the acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Rule number 1, check. Here goes Rule number 2.

1) I'm 25 and in nursing school. Its rough at times, but I love it. I love the people I see every day (well, most of them anyway), and I love knowing I'm going to be helping people. It makes me very, very happy.

2) I'm currently pregnant. I literally found out just over a week ago. I'm excited, and super nervous. My boobs already hurt like a bitch, and morning sickness sucks but isn't as bad as I expected.

3) This is my second pregnancy. Last summer, my husband and I had our very first pregnancy. However, it wasn't so great. I went to the doctor because I had been on my period for 4 weeks and was having a lot of pain. I had taken a test before my period started, and it was negative. I was tired and SUPER cranky. So the doctor decides to test me for a UTI. On a hunch, she did a pregnancy test along with it. Well, it was positive. Not a good sign that I had been bleeding for 4 weeks....  My sister and I left there and went straight to the hospital where my husband met us. We had blood drawn and an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech was incredibly rude and unimaginably rough with my already tender vagina, uterus, and ovaries. She then proceeded to tell me that there was no baby, and I shouldn't waste her time. I called my doctor immediately. From what I understand, that tech no longer works there... This all went down on a Friday. On Sunday, I had blood drawn again. My HcG levels didn't double. In fact, they only raised by 3 points from 146 to 149. I'll never forget how completely devastated I felt. Monday morning I had more blood drawn, and Monday afternoon found me at an Oncology office to receive a shot of methotrexate to terminate the pregnancy.

4) I have 4 dogs and a cat. I love them all very much, and they are children to me. Some people don't get it. That's fine... I just love them all and couldn't imagine not being with them. Pets are throwaway items to have when they're all cute and little and not watch them grow up into amazing adults. My Sweetie will be 6 this year, and she is an amazing dog. I know she's going to be a TON of help when the Peanut gets here! Sophie, Bella, and Duchess will all probably be extremely jealous, but it's expected. Dude aka Homie is all chill, and my biggest issue with him will be keeping him out of the crib. :)

5) My husband and I were married August 28, 2008, in the front part of BSC-Net in Jonesboro, Arkansas. We totally and completely eloped. My mom was there with us with a cake and a rose, and we went to Chili's to celebrate after. I would've liked the whole wedding, reception, and amazing honeymoon, but money was an issue for us at that time. We may have a vow renewal in a few years where we do all of that. We'll see. ;)

6) I grew up in a super small town that earns funny looks and giggles when I spout of the name of it. Yes, yes. I know. I laugh too. I grew up in Weiner, Arkansas. Yes. Weiner. Wee-ner. Laughing feels so great!

7) I'm a nerd. I play Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends. Yes, the actual we have our paper and roll the dice while we're all sitting around in a group with books and stuff version. Not the online, play on your computer version. I also play World of Warcraft. I've met some super interesting people from WoW. 

Awarding other bloggers... That's hard. Mostly because I don't really know many other bloggers... So I have 1, since Rochelle already gave me an award. :)

Brooke over at Brookenomicon. She's an awesome lady who writes about writing!

1 comment: