Friday, January 7, 2011

Here we go Friday!

I'm not back to school until the 18th. I don't have a Monday through Friday job. I have no big plans for the weekend. So, why is it I wake up on Friday morning smiling and singing "it's FRIDAY"? I'm not exactly sure, but I have a suspicion.

I think we are all sooooo programmed starting with elementary school to revel in the pure awesomeness that is Friday. I mean, what's a better way to end a school week than celebrate with 2 whole days without regime, school clothes, school lunches, and sometimes even shoes? Yeah. At 5 years old, the answer to that question is those 2 whole days eating nothing but pure sugar. Ah, the simple bliss that came with being a child. Sometimes, I miss it.

At times, responsibility sucks. It causes stress, unhappiness, and can wreak pure havoc. We all know too much of those three things can totally screw up even the best person's world. However, on the flip side of that, responsibility can be an amazing thing. Standing up for what you believe in can be one of the most rewarding things in the world. Another spectacular thing about being an adult is being able to eat that entire gallon of Whole Hog's potato salad (which rocks, btw) with no parents nagging you and telling you that you can't. Oh... That can be an amazing thing.

As far as amazing things go.. I can not WAIT for next Wednesday night celebrating Grubbsy's birthday. Ohhhhh Johnny Carino's... I'm not going to be on a diet that day, fyi. I'm doing the Homer Simpson /drool thing right now just thinking about it. The chicken marsala is my absolute favorite Italian dish everrrrrrr. Yummmmmmmmm. Also, just as a little tid bit.. I love bread pudding. I think it's about time for me to learn how to make it, and make it GREAT. And good for you. :p

Speaking of good for you and diets... I've consumed approximately 1243 calories today. For some reason, I don't feel like I'm eating enough... I mean, I know if you eat too much or too little, you won't lose weight. Just a thought though...............................

And. Here we go again... Another thought and yeah, oh another one too. This is Shandi, btw. I go from one thing to another to another and sometimes I have to completely stop and rewind and retrace my steps. Also, sorry for that little pause. I got distracted by this amazing looking food on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. Yes, the restaurant is called The Shanty. I want to go. I really, really wanna go. /drool. OK, where was I? Oh, yeah. That's right. The thoughts go from bam to bam to WTF to uh... How did I get here? And now you all see that it's perfectly normal for me to bring up the absolute most RANDOM thing that makes you say "wha.. I.. (shake head) What?" Yeah baby. All me. ;)

Back to that other thought. I forgot it... Lemme think... (God this food looks amazing.) Oh, that's because it was about food. Which is yum. Wait... Went back either not far enough or too far... Lemme think again.... Yeah. Lost it. Oh, it WAS about food. So, I'm of the opinion that it's totally fine to consume more of something as long as you keep it in check. I'm also of the opinion that fruits and vegetables (I mean, RAW. Pure. Unadulterated. Untainted by fat, grease, and sugar) should be "freebies" in any diet. I think I should be able to eat all the celery sticks and broccoli and sweet peas (ok, maybe they are steamed. ;) ) and apples (yum) and oranges and whatever that I want without feeling the guilt train. I also think I need a juicer, a good one, because I love love love pure just squeezed juice. And not just fruits. Tomato with carrot and apples and pomegranate is yummmmm. Plus, you don't get all that added sugar and preservatives and SODIUM. Yeah baby, everything has GOD AWFUL amounts of sodium in it.

You know, speaking of sugar... Yogurt. I'm sorry. I know it should be pure and yeah, but I can not handle low sugar or no sugar yogurt. Bleh. I love me some yogurt, too. Refrigerated... Frozen... It's just yum. Those Yoplait Lights are YUM! However. I tried the organic greek yogurt... My dogs loved it. Even the kind with the honey in it I just couldn't. No. I made a face similar to Aleigha's, Anna's, Abby's, and Jayci's when mom gave them a taste of baking cocoa. Which... I should've have my camera. Holy bajeezus, that was funnier than watching Anna and Abby play Twister, which was pretty great also. However, I nearly DIED of hyperventilation seeing the "this shit is NASTY" looks on their faces after tasting that cocoa.

Mom did that to Krysti, Shayla, and I once. Shaybaby was a wee little lass, and we were making her birthday cake cuz mom's uber cool like that. Of course, when you're 8, you understand that the finished product tastes YUM. You don't understand that the individual items taste like shit, and it's the magic of the mix that makes it taste great. So we begged to try every single ingredient. Mom obliged. She let us taste everything. We got to the cocoa, which was one of the very last things she was putting in. Lol. Silly mom. She gave Krysti and I an entire big spoonful of cocoa each. What did I do? I puked. Yeah. Not only did I puke, I puked into the cake batter and all over the cake pan. Lol. We still laugh about that story.

Speaking of stories, I've written a good chapter or two of a book tonight on this blog... Lol, I gotta stop or I'm going to run out of things to write about! I kid; I'm sure I will ALWAYS have SOMETHING to say hahahaha!

Goodnight my lovelies! Hope you enjoyed spending time in Shandiland this evening! *MUAH*

No comments:

Post a Comment